We will guide you through the step-by-step process of how to download videos from phone to computer in this blog post, ensuring that you can easily access and enjoy your videos on a larger screen. In today’s digital age, capturing and sharing videos has become a common practice. Whether it’s memorable vacation footage, a stunning nature clip, or a cherished family moment, It’s possible to store and arrange your priceless memories by downloading videos from your phone to your computer.
Here are the different ways of downloading videos from a phone to a computer.
Ways How to Download Videos from Phone to Computer
1. Connect Your Phone to Your Computer
The first step in downloading videos from your phone to your computer is establishing a connection between the two devices. Depending on your phone and computer models, you can use different methods to establish this connection:
a. USB Cable
With the use of a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. Your phone should be recognized as an external storage device by your computer once it is connected.
- Start by locating the USB cable that came with your phone. It typically has a micro USB or USB-C connector on one end, which plugs into your phone, and a USB-A connector on the other end, which connects to your computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the correct ports on your computer and phone. Make sure the connection is secure on both ends.
- Your computer should identify your phone as an external storage device once you’ve connected it.
- You might notice a notification on your phone letting you know that your device is USB-connected. Pull down the notification shade and select “File Transfer,” “File Transfer Mode,” or “Transfer Files.”
- If you don’t see a notification, unlock your phone and swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification shade. Look for an option related to USB or charging, and tap on it to reveal more options. Choose the “File Transfer” or similar option.
- Some phones may require additional steps. For example, on an Android device, you might need to swipe down the notification shade after selecting “File Transfer” and tap on “Allow” to grant access to your phone’s storage.
- Open a file explorer window on your computer (such as “My Computer” or “This PC” on Windows or “Finder” on Mac).
- Look for your connected phone in the list of available devices or under the “Devices” section.
- Double-click on your phone’s name or icon to open it. You should see the internal storage or SD card (if present) listed as a folder.
- Locate the “DCIM” (Digital Camera Images) or “Pictures” folder. Within this folder, you’ll find the “Videos” subfolder where your recorded videos are stored.
- Open the “Videos” folder on your phone. Here, you’ll see a list of videos available for transfer.
- Click on the videos you wish to transfer to make your selection. To select multiple videos, hold down the Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac) key while clicking on each video.
- Once the videos are selected, right-click and choose “Copy” or “Cut” from the context menu.
- On your computer, navigate to the specified location where you want to save the videos. It could be a folder on your desktop or a specific directory.
- Click “Paste” from the context menu when doing a right-click in the desired folder to move the videos from your phone to your computer. The transfer process may take some time, depending on the size and number of videos.
If your computer supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can wirelessly transfer files by pairing it with your phone.
- On your computer, ensure that Bluetooth is enabled. Navigate to the settings section on your phone and locate the Bluetooth options. Enable Bluetooth if it is currently turned off.
- On your mobile phone, navigate through to the settings menu and find the Bluetooth settings. Enable Bluetooth and wait for your phone to detect available devices.
- On your computer, select by clicking the Bluetooth icon that is available in the menu bar or system tray
“Add a Bluetooth Device” or a similar option.
- On your phone, select your computer from the list of available devices that appear under the Bluetooth settings. Confirm the pairing request.
- If prompted, enter a passkey or PIN code on both your phone and computer to establish a secure connection.
- On your phone, navigate to the gallery or file manager app where your videos are stored.
- Locate the video you want to transfer and tap on it to open the video details.
- Look for the share or send option, usually represented by a share icon (often three dots connected by lines).
- Select the Bluetooth option from the sharing menu. Your phone will present a list of paired Bluetooth devices.
- Choose your computer from the list of paired devices. The transfer process will begin, and a progress indicator may appear on your phone.
- On your computer, an incoming Bluetooth transfer notification or prompt may appear. Accept the transfer request to receive the video.
- Wait for the transfer to complete. The time required depends on the video’s size and the Bluetooth speed.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can find the video in the default Bluetooth transfer folder on your computer. Alternatively, choose the folder or location where you want to save the video during the transfer process.
- Open the file explorer or finder on your computer and navigate to the designated location.
- Locate the transferred video file. It will typically have the same name as the original video on your phone.
- Double-click on the video file to play it using your computer’s default video player or a media player of your choice.
c. Wi-Fi or Cloud Services
Alternatively, you can use cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud to sync your videos across devices.
- Make sure your phone and PC are both logged in to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Choose a cloud service that suits your needs, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, or OneDrive. Get the matching app for your phone and install it and create an account if necessary.
- On your computer, open a web browser and navigate to the website of the chosen cloud service. If you don’t already have an account, create one by logging in or signing up if you do.
- Install the desktop client or access the web version of the cloud service on your computer to ensure synchronization with your phone.
- Open the cloud service app on your phone and navigate to the location where your videos are stored, such as the gallery or file manager.
- Select the videos you want to transfer by tapping and holding on the video files. Alternatively, tap the checkboxes next to the videos to select multiple files.
- Look for the upload or share option within the cloud service app. It is usually represented by an icon resembling an upward arrow or a cloud with an upward arrow.
- Tap on the upload or share option and choose the cloud service as the destination. This will initiate the upload process.
- Wait for the upload to complete. The time required will depend on the size of the videos and the speed of your internet connection.
- On your computer, open the cloud service’s desktop client or go to the website of the cloud service in your web browser.
- Please log in to your account if you aren’t already.
- Navigate to the folder or location where you uploaded the videos from your phone. Most cloud services have a designated folder for uploaded videos.
- Locate the videos you want to download to your computer.
- Select the videos by clicking on them or using the checkboxes provided.
- Look for the download or save option within the cloud service’s interface. It is typically represented by an icon resembling a downward arrow or a cloud with a downward arrow.
- Click on the download or save option to initiate the download process. Choose the desired destination folder on your computer to save the videos.
- Wait for the download to complete. The time required will depend on the size of the videos and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the destination folder on your computer where the videos were saved.
- Double-click on a video file to open and play it using your computer’s default video player or a media player of your choice.
- Repeat the process for all the downloaded videos.
2. Select and Transfer Videos
Once your phone is connected to your computer, the next step is to locate and transfer the videos you want to download. Depending on the operating system on your phone, the procedure could change slightly:
a. Android Devices
On your computer, navigate to “My Computer” or “This PC” and locate your connected device. Open the appropriate folder, usually named “DCIM” or “Pictures,” and find the “Videos” folder. Select the desired videos, right-click, and choose “Copy” or “Cut.” Then, navigate to your preferred destination on your computer and paste the videos.
b. iOS Devices:
Connect your iPhone to your computer via iTunes or iPad using the USB cable. Select your device in iTunes, click on “Photos” or “File Sharing” in the left sidebar, and select the videos you want to transfer. Finally, click “Save” or “Export” to save the videos to your desired location on your computer.
3. Use Third-Party Software
If you prefer a more streamlined approach or encounter any difficulties with the previous methods, there are several reliable third-party software options available that can assist you in downloading videos from your phone to your computer. Here are a few popular choices:
AirDroid enables wireless file transfer between your Android device and computer. Install the AirDroid app on your phone, create an account, and sign in on your computer’s web browser. In order to connect your devices, adhere to the on-screen directions and transfer videos seamlessly.
Syncios is a versatile software that supports both Android and iOS devices. After downloading and installing Syncios on your computer, use a USB cord, join your phone, open the software, and select “Video” from the left sidebar. Choose the desired videos and click “Export” to save them to your computer.
c. iMobie AnyTrans
Designed specifically for iOS devices, iMobie AnyTrans offers a variety of functions and an easy-to-use interface. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer after installing AnyTrans and launch the software. Click on “Videos” in the top menu, choose the movies you want to download, and click the “Download” button to save them to your computer.
Connecting your computer to your phone to transfer videos not only frees up space on your device but also allows you to enjoy your videos on a larger screen and organize them more efficiently. Whether you choose the direct connection method or opt for third-party software, following these step-by-step instructions on how to download videos from phone to computer will enable you to download videos hassle-free. Embrace the process, and start preserving and sharing your cherished moments today!